Thursday, November 29, 2007

Downloadable e-Audios and Podcasts-Friday 30th Nov.

Following my blogging/slogging yesterday about e-books etc, the concept of audio e-books for listening via an ipod or computer would be a great boon for the home service library clients.
I am confident that learning to use an ipod would be less intimidating and cumbersome for elderly clients. An added bonus of accessing e-audio books applicable across all ages of library customers would be no loss or damage to tapes / cd's.

Podcasts would be an excellent way of listening to programmes, interviews retrospectively, following the time of original broadcast. The ABC Radio National and ABC 774 are examples which offer podcasts to download.
As I am finding that it will take my lifetime to learn to speak Italian, I am interested in researching the possibility of participating in learning Italian via a podcast.

Ciao again,

Robert

No comments: